Friday, May 27, 2016

BMW

Day 6: Friday 5/13/2016


This was the first day we got to sleep in a little bit so that was very nice. Today was a day of BMW. First we walked through the BMW museum. I loved seeing all of the cars and how they have changed over the years. The new cars are so nice I wanted to buy one on the spot (mom you’ll see the credit card charge in a few days). The new i8 and the Rolls Royce are two of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. Also, seeing the BMW M series just added to my love for that car and my dream of owning one, one day. Next we toured the factory were they produce M4’s as well as a few other models. This was by far the coolest tour yet for a few reasons. First, seeing KUKA robots at work was really cool since we had toured their factory a few days earlier. Second, being able to follow how a car gets made starting with the pressing of aluminum to form the body and ending with workers testing the car was fascinating. The fact that every step is automated and done by robots is amazing. I also learned today that Jan is one of the worst golfers I have ever seen (he tried changing it to “most awesome”). 

Jan in front of an i8

Me with the Ryder cup

No comments:

Post a Comment