Friday, May 27, 2016

Bratwurst

Day 4: Wednesday 5/11/2016

Today we listened to a talk by BMW and visited the KUKA factory. KUKA was by far my favorite tour so far. It was fascinating hearing about all of the applications for robots now and in the future. Plus, being able to see the KUKA robots at work making parts for other robots was very cool. I especially liked seeing the newest robot by KUKA; one that is safe to work around humans through the use of various sensors. The talk at BMW was all about innovation and how BMW is changing its business model going forward in order to compete in the electric car market. In addition, it almost seemed as though the presentation was one big ad to sell the new i3 and i8 electric cars. In between the two company visits a few of the German students took a few of us to a hidden gem in terms of food. It was a little market off of the beaten path that had some of the best food I have had yet. Having some authentic bratwurst was something I really wanted to do on this trip and I was so happy I found some. 

Outside the KUKA factory

No comments:

Post a Comment